Wednesday 12 September 2012

I'm a mechanical engineering student who loves aircraft. I want to work on a project this summer so I'll learn more about aircraft/aeronautical engineering.

I have a few ideas so far. Here's just a few off the top of my head for now;
Design, build, and test a jet engine
Study aircraft icing, maybe perform some wind tunnel tests
Examine the design of an aircraft wing, and look at designing an improvement.
Design an aircraft and build and test it in X-Plane

I know some of those ideas will cost a bit, but if I think it's worth it, I'm willing to spend a little bit. I might be able to get my college to pay for things too, if I can convince them it's worth it.

I haven't yet covered fluid dynamics in college, but I'll learn as I go along. Something involving aerodynamics definitely appeals to me.

I'd like to hear your ideas and suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment